control panel
Form: Application to extend Tier 2 visa to 5 years in UK: form T2 (W)

Updated: New version published for use on or after 1 December 2014.

Use this form if you are already in the UK with a Tier 2 visa and you want to extend it once to take it up to a total of 5 years in the UK.

This form is not for every Tier 2 worker. It is specifically for people who switched into Tier 2 under transitional arrangements and were given permission to stay for 2 years. These were workers who switched from:

  • a business and commercial work permit
  • a sports and entertainment work permit
  • a Jewish agency employee
  • a member of the operational ground staff of an over... seas-owned airline
  • a minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order

Read the policy guidance before completing your application.