control panel
Form: Application to extend stay in the UK: form FLR(O)

Updated: Updated form for use on or after 18 April.

Use ‘Form FLR(O)’ to apply to extend your existing visa to stay in the UK (also known as ‘leave to remain’) and to get a biometric residence permit.

Use Appendix 1 FLR(FP) FLR(O) for a fee waiver if you are destitute and can’t pay to extend your stay.

The form is for these categories of visa:

  • general visitor
  • dependants of exempt members of HM Forces
  • domestic worker in a private household
  • UK ancestry
  • visitor for private medical treatment
  • human rights reasons other than protectio... n (Article 3) and family/private life (Article 8)

It is also for extensions for other reasons that are not covered by other application forms. These include serious medical reasons where the treatment is not private.

To make an application on the basis of your family or private life please use form FLR(FP).

You should read the ‘FLR(O) guidance notes’ before you apply.